As the seasons are changing, perhaps you are looking to make a change in your life, like moving to a brand-new city, or even a brand-new state! If you and your family are thinking about making the big move, be sure to not forget about the smallest of the 50 states – Rhode Island! Made up of 1,214 square miles, Rhode Island may be little, but it is made up of big, stunning views and a lot of fun activities to do. There are thousands of reasons why living in Rhode Island is a great decision, but here are just a few:
- Beaches (and views). In Rhode Island, you will live central to some of the most beautiful beaches in the New England area, and arguably, in the entire country! Newport, Rhode Island not only has stunning, family-friendly beaches, but also jaw-dropping views, stemming from areas such as the Cliff Walk. Not to mention, you are just a short ferry ride away from Block Island!
- Outstanding food. If you are a foodie, Rhode Island is truly the state for you. Home to some of the most delicious food, Rhode Island has it all – everything from Italian on Federal Hill to fresh caught seafood. Rhode Island is also home to the famous Frozen Del Lemonade, and “Awful Awful” milkshakes – which are the opposite of awful! Fresh off the docks, Lobster, fish, clams and more!
- Rural Farmlands. Looking for towns with no street lights, no big box stores or commercial chains… well we have plenty of small coastal towns that fit the bill!!
- Vineyards, Breweries & Distilleries. There are over 12 Wineries, 27 Breweries and 4 Distilleries in our tiny little State! Check out this site to find information on names like Carolyn’s Sakonnet Vineyard, Narragansett Beer Co., Foolproof Beer Company, Newport Vineyards, Ragged Island Brewing Company…. Wine Compass
- Great Colleges and Universities. Rhode Island is home to some of the most prestigious and well-known colleges and universities in the country. For example, one of the best, national culinary arts programs come from Johnson & Wales, and Providence holds one of the most highly respected design schools – Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)! If you are into sports, both Providence College and University of Rhode Island are extremely well-known for their NCAA programs. Roger Williams for Architecture and Law in the quaint town of Bristol, RI.
We hope that some of these reasons have gotten you thinking about making your big move to this wonderful, small state!